The Parish of Broxbourne with Wormley pledges 10% of its planned giving each year to a number of mission partners, both locally and internationally:
- All Nations College - All Nations is located in Easneye, outside Ware, and is an independent, interdenominational mission training college, which exists to train students in cross-cultural mission. The parish also receives students from All Nations on placement.
- CMS - The Church Missionary Society (CMS) is a group of mission societies working with the Anglican Communion and other Christians around the world. The parish supports the work of our link missionary, Jane Jerrard, in Pakistan in the rural Sindh area, where she has established over 80 schools in the last 16 years.
- MAF - Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF) is a Christian organization that provides aviation, communications, and learning technology services to more than 1,000 Christian and humanitarian agencies, as well as thousands of isolated missionaries and indigenous villagers in the world's most remote areas.
- Mission to Seafarers The Mission to Seafarers is a Christian welfare charity serving merchant sailors around the world. It operates in over 260 ports through a global network of chaplains, staff and volunteers to offer practical, emotional and spiritual support to seafarers through ship visits, drop-in centres and a range of welfare and emergency support services. The parish has been supporting this work since 1882.
- Tearfund - Tearfund is a Christian relief and development agency which works in over 50 countries. The parish support its water and sanitation work, in particular, supporting toilet blocks for schools and a toilet twinning initiative.
- Young Life - Young Life is a non-denominational Christian ministry in Hoddesdon, Broxbourne and Wormley that works to build positive relationships with teenagers, and aims to introduce them to Christ and help them grow in their faith.
For furthur information about our work with mission partners, contact Judith Hyde by Click here